Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lots of Progress

Yesterday was an exciting day! Alaina has been maintaining her body temperature on her own so the doctors moved her out of the Isolette and into a big girl crib. Here's Alaina's room before:





And here it is now:





To make her room feel more like home, I hung the fun mobile Kyle got for the girls on her crib and she loved listening to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" over and over. Alaina was so excited about her move that she spent the rest of the day sound asleep with the lamb the Sisons gave her.



Gabrielle had a great day too. She had her third try at nippling and took almost her entire bottle. That was more than double what she had taken before and everyone was very impressed with her progress. After her feeding, we dressed her in her monkey gown....



And had some snuggle time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great progress for them both - how exciting - big steps for little girls!!!!!!!! Love to you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Snuggle time is THE BEST and you both look beautiful. I love Alaina's room, so sweet. xo

Henny said...

Danielle,

I see light at the end of the tunnel! That photo of you and Gabrielle is worth much more than a thousand words! I am sooooo excited with the development of the girls! Love you all!

Uncle Henny

Unknown said...

What can I say--such wonderful news. Oh, the stories you'll be telling them in a few years!

Judi Zimmer