Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Where To Start?

There's been a lot going on with the Medina clan since my last post. The girls turned three months old on Saturday and they're now a week past their due date. It's hard to believe they should have arrived last week!

It's been 8 days since Gabrielle came home. So far, we're all doing well. Gaby spends most of her day eating and sleeping but we manage to squeeze in some fun time too. She's a big fan of her bouncy seat.



The rain forest swing is another favorite:



And she loves her boppy. Here she is playing peekaboo.



Gaby had her first pediatrician appointment last week and she was a champ. She barely cried when she got her shots but I was a little embarrassed when she peed on the doctor. The trip to the pediatrician was also our first excursion in her stroller. Look at how cute she looked all bundled up!



Jan is now a pro at feeding, burping, diapering, swaddling and giving Gabrielle a bath. She loves her bathtime and I have tons of adorable pictures of her in the tub but I promised him I wouldn't post photos of her girly bits on the Internet so here she is from the chest up.



We're lucky that we're doing so well with Gaby since it looks like her little sister should be coming home soon. Alaina started getting milk last week via her G-tube last week and she's making huge progress. I got to bottle feed her for the first time this weekend and she loves the taste of milk. The biggest concern after her surgeries is that since her intestines are shorter than normal she won't absorb food very well but so far she's been gaining weight which is a good sign that her body is getting the nutrition it needs. As the amount of milk they give her increases, the doctors reduce the amount of TPN she's getting so when she comes off of it completely and continues to gain weight, she'll be able to come home.

Alaina is as animated and silly as ever. You'd never think she had major surgery less than two weeks ago! Please ignore the scratches on Alaina's face in these pictures -- she did quite a job on herself yesterday.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun!!! Thank you for posting and update, now that Gaby is home I know how much spare time you have :) I just LOVE the bath picture...and Alaina, scratches and all, is looking so big and adorable. (Isaac still scratches himself all the time, cutting his nails is NO fun). Thinking of all of you often, xo Lisa

Anonymous said...

Here I was telling Alejandro how we haven't heard anything!!!...I stalked facebook and then decided to stop by and there it was, an update!!! ;))

The girls look so cute!!!!!. It is crazy how big they have gotten...and I'm very proud of Jan!. Alejandro liked Jan's policy on the bath pictures! haha.

Hugs!

Andreina

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love these pictures! My favorites are Gaby in the stroller (that hat is too cute), and Alaina's black and white (she looks like she's just thinking of what kind of trouble she can cause)! Hope Uncle Henny, aka "The Manny," didn't cause too much havoc today. So glad everything is going well and can't wait for Christmas!!! Love and hugs...

Henny said...

I want to thank Gabrielle for being the perfect baby sitting job today! She ate twice, got changed once, passed gas a few times (very proud of her!) and slept on my chest for most of the day. I got to remember what it means to be a father to the perfect baby! I can't wait until I get both of them together! Alaina hurry up home!

Uncle Henny

Anonymous said...

What blessings! The girls are so beautiful! Love to all.

Love,
Barbara