Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fast Forward

It's hard to believe that a year ago this past Sunday, Alaina had her emergency surgery. Going in to it, we had no idea what to expect and even after she came out of the operation, we didn't have many more answers. All we knew was that they had removed about 40% of her small intestine and we'd have to wait to see how that affected her as she grew.

One year to the day later, here's what she was up to while Jan and I were at a wedding in Florida:



Somehow I don't think that's what the doctors envisioned Miss Alaina would be doing then. Can't you just tell how much she loves to do things no one expects?

And not to worry - Jan immediately lowered the girls' cribs as far down as they go as soon as we got home!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Loved the party pictures & this is just priceless! Busier (hard to imagine I'm sure) times ahead!!!!

Henny said...

Why am I not surprised that she would be the "troublemaker!"