Tuesday, July 7, 2009

An Update from Dad

Hi everyone! I want to give a heads up that I will now be directly contributing to this blog. Don't worry, Danielle will still make regular appearances as well. Some of you know that I made a career change a few months ago and started a production company. I work mostly from home and have the benefit of watching the munchkins progress on an hour-by-hour basis. During the week, we have a nanny that does most of the heavy lifting with regard to child care, but I lend a helping hand as needed. And of course, during nights and weekends I am in the thick of things. Between our camera, iPhones, and Flip Video, something is always happening within reach of a capture device...

These were Gaby and Alaina's first reactions when they learned I would be working from home:


Just kidding! It was more like this:




And this is Fiona, the Company Mascot. She makes sure all my electronics are covered with a sufficient amount of cat hair. She is definitely happy with the new situation.


Last week we left NYC and spent time with friends and family for the holiday. I keep forgetting how exhausting it is traveling with little ones. And as the primary schlepper of things, car packing/unpacking falls squarely under my jurisdiction. I take pride in my work and our ability to travel in a mid-size sports sedan!

Tex and Nonna were gracious as always, and we want to send a special thank you to the Doyle's, who every year on the 4th, open their fantastic beach house to us as extended family. Danielle will blog soon in more detail about the holiday festivities, but I want to leave everyone with a few pictures we took of the girls' first dunk in Tex and Nonna's pool:





Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Henny said...

I now think they are ready for the pool in the building where their Mom was born!

Chelsea said...

I agree with my dad!! We have a pool with their name on it!

Jan said...

Sweet! Can I bring my speedo?

Aunt Lori said...

Looking forward to the Speedo!!!